2004-07-25

Ages

It's been ages, or so it seems, since my last post.

Well, today I've finished the first draft of a short story that'll be going to a contest. The deadline is August 1, so I'm pleased to have got this far. I missed my last deadline for submitting a story to a particular anthology -- true, I didn't think the story would have stood much chance, and I'm intending it as the first of a series, and therefore didn't want to rush it, and there might have been rights problems, etc., etc. (Sour grapes? Who, me?)

Now I must check what the next deadline is, and see what I've got lined up for it, if anything. Ah yes, it's August 31, 2,000-4,000 words, hard copy only -- another competition. Being hard copy means that I'll need some leeway, especially allowing for international mail. Probably should allow two weeks to be safe, which in turn means I've got about three weeks from now to write the thing.

After that, there's a deadline of Sep 1 (which is ostensibly the same as the one above, although email submission should allow an extra week or so). Word limit is 7,500, so we're into novelette territory. So I'll need to be working on that one right now as well.

It may be a while since my last post, but right now it seems I've plenty of other writing to do....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home